Measured Building Surveys
Technics Group has extensive experience in completing measured building surveys across a wide variety of projects, from single residential properties to commercial buildings.
We have an excellent customer satisfaction rating for delivering measured building surveys across multiple sectors, including:
What is a measured building survey?
Measured building surveys are a true, accurate plan of the building that presents the structure, internal, external features and services. They are produced for many purposes, including major refurbishment, space planning, lease plans and structural monitoring.
Our surveys are used for a variety of purposes, including:
- To support architects, structural engineers and developers on the planning and design of refurbishment, change of use or extensions
- To support the decision-making process in the renovation and conversion of domestic and commercial buildings
- To support property consultants to calculate Net Internal Area (NIA) and Gross Internal Area (GIA) to assist rent reviews for office spaces
What information does it include?
All surveys are carried out according to a client’s specification to The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors guideline on ‘Measured surveys of land, buildings and utilities’. The extent of details and surveyed features vary depending on the purpose of the survey. A typical measured building survey consists of:
- Floor plan
- External elevations
- Cross and longitudinal sections drawing
What techniques are used in a measured building survey?
Data is collected using reflectorless Total Station or laser scanners. This is then imported to our specialist internal software and processed to be transferred to AutoCAD to create 2D plans and 3D models, depending on a client’s specification.
Our Quality Assurance team checks and verifies every drawing before it is sent to the client. We have an excellent customer satisfaction rating for this service.
How is survey data delivered?
We can provide you with:
- 2D floor plans, sections and elevations
- 3D models, wire frame or rendered
- Point cloud data from laser scanning
- Plans overlaid with rectified photography visualisations and fly-through
How much does a survey cost?
Please contact us with the details of your site, including the survey extents and total square metres per floor, together with any existing plan information if available. We can agree the specification of works once the purpose of your survey has been discussed. Our quotation will itemise our fee, project programme and deliverables.
To discuss your project with us, please call one of our offices and speak to our Project Management team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.