Utility & Desktop Survey Reports
When carrying out any kind of ground excavation work, it is crucial to know where the underground utilities in the area are located; the most inexpensive and hassle-free way to gain this information is by commissioning a Utility Report.
This is a desk-based study, drawn together with evidence from all utility suppliers ensuring you have the information you need to begin work safely, legally and professionally. Failing to gather this information before excavation work begins can lead to potential accidents, lawsuits, time-overruns and expensive rescheduling exercises and therefore forms an essential element of any ground-based project.
What is a Desktop & Utility Survey Report
We collate all statutory plans from utility service providers within the agreed site area. Technics Group supply a report in an easy-to-read format; essential for any site where ground-penetrating work is due to take place. To find out more, download our Example Desktop Survey Essentials Report or our Example Desktop Survey Premium Report.
What report options are there?
For sites under 25 hectares in size, the following options are available:
- Essentials Report
- 5 key suppliers searched (water, sewer, electricity, gas, BT)
- Report in 5 working days
- Premium Report
- Full supplier search (70+ suppliers)
- Report in 10 working days
- Fast Track Report
- Full supplier search (70+ suppliers)
- Interim Report in 5 working days
- Singles Reports
- Full search of a single utility (water, sewer, gas, electricity, telecoms/cable)
Sites above 25 hectares in size, quotations are available on a project-by-project basis.
Our digitisation service is available for all sites, whereby supplier plans are traced onto OS Base Mapping within AutoCAD.
Why do I need one?
- Ensure compliance with PAS-128 Quality Level D Desktop Utility Survey
- Ensure compliance with HSE Regulations
- Ensure compliance with NRSWA 91, HSG47 & CDM Regulations
- Minimise planning and preparation time
- Avoid expensive rescheduling
- Assure that sufficient plan detail is available on-site
- Provide quick access to utility company data
- Remove the need to register for utility company data services
Which suppliers are included?
A Technics Group Utility Report sources responses from an average of 90 suppliers, out of our total list of over 120, to ensure that you receive details on every supplier within your site area.
The suppliers contacted operate in the areas of:
- Gas supply
- Water and sewerage supply
- Electricity supply
- Oil and fuel supply
- Telecommunications and cabling
- Transportation and infrastructure, including:
- Network Rail
- London Underground
- Transport for London
- Tram networks
Our list of utility suppliers is constantly reviewed to ensure that we provide you with the most up to date information possible.
What format does it come in?
The following three formats are available for a Technics Group Utility Report:
- A professional, easy to read PDF report, including a site plan, contents page and clearly displayed individual supplier responses
- A Digitised drawing provided in both PDF and DWG/DXF/SHP formats, whereby each utility is traced onto OS Base Mapping to provide a fully interactive product. This provides a clearer view of utilities, displaying them all in one place.
- A high quality physical report, printed and bound to a professional standard
Who can use it?
A Technics Group Utility Report can be used by a variety of people in a range of sectors, including:
- Site and infrastructure planning
- Environmental consultants
How can it be used?
A Technics Group Utility Report is useful in a range of scenarios, such as:
- Ensuring staff safety
- Legal compliance
- Enhancing a feasibility study
- Checking utility provisions for a new development
- Planning a new build
- Carrying out ground-penetrating works
- Redeveloping existing property
- Checking positions on-site
- Providing a base for a physical survey
I don’t need every single supplier, is a more basic report available?
For less complicated sites where a full and comprehensive search of all suppliers is not required, we have created the Technics Group Essentials Report. This is an ideal way to gain the basic information on a site without incurring the cost of a full report.
An Essentials Report contains responses from the main supplier for each of the following areas:
The Technics Utility Report, produced in partnership with location intelligence provider Groundsure, plays a vital role in any excavation project.
If you would like more information regarding Utility Reports or a quotation for your site, please call Stephen Sawyer on 01483 230080 or email email@example.com.