Land Registry Compliant Lease Plans
If you need to submit a registration, transfer of title or leasehold it is likely you will require a Land Registry compliant lease plan. We can help support you to ensure your lease plan is accepted first time and deliver it within five working days from instruction.
What is a Land Registry compliant lease plan and why would I need one?
A lease plan is a scaled drawing that identifies the specific area of land included within the lease of a property. Lease
plans are a requirement for any new lease lasting seven or more years. These new leases must also be registered with the Land Registry.
Click here to download an example Land Registry Compliant Lease Plan drawn up by Technics.
While there are numerous reasons that may require a Land Registry compliant lease plan to be obtained, the most common are:
- A chunk of land is being divided and sold off
- A new lease is being granted for seven or more years
- A sale is being arranged for land that was previously unregistered, or part of a registered title
Land Registry compliant lease plans have been a requirement since the implementation of the Land Registration Act 2002. Using inaccurate, incorrect or vague plans can potentially lead to lengthy, resource-draining disputes, so it pays to trust the experts. Contact us to find out more about Land Registry compliant lease plans, or to request a quotation for your property.
How much does a Land Registry compliant lease plan cost?
- An office-based plan costs from £400 plus disbursements
- Plans requiring a site survey cost from £600 plus disbursements (bespoke quotes are always provided)
Why choose Technics to provide your Land Registry compliant lease plan?
- We have been surveying and producing accurate plans for over 25 years and understand your needs
- We work closely with land owners, commercial enterprises and solicitors
- We use the latest state-of-the-art technology to collect, process and create plans accurately and efficiently
- We work to both Land Registry guidelines and RICS codes of measurement practice guidance notes
- We deliver results fast, ensuring deadlines within the Land Registry process are adhered to
- To find out more, download our Example Land Registry Plan or our Example Lease Plan
The Land Registry prepares guidelines that can help anyone through the necessary requirements, and these can be found on their website. For those who want assurance of delivery of results and advice on how to proceed, we recommend engaging the services of a professional to carry out the work.
If you would like more information regarding Land Registry & Lease Plans or a quotation for your property, please call one of our offices to speak to our Project Management team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.